Are you looking for best practices to support professional learning?
These modules are designed to be a flexible set of materials, which allow you to design your own workshops or courses to explore foundational mathematics with adult learners.
Each module includes
- a presentation to deepen your mathematical content knowledge and suggestions about what teachers of young children need to know;
- adult learning activities that can help you engage other adults in learning about math concepts;
- “focus on the child” videos that show children working through and talking about math-related tasks to illustrate how thinking develops within each content area;
- a research lesson and video that provide an exemplar experience for teachers to introduce topics to the children in their classrooms in intentional ways;
- activity extensions that suggest ways to expand on the research lesson experience to enhance children’s mathematical understanding; and
- bibliography of children’s books to spark mathematical thinking.