In October of 2017, the Collaborative hosted Promising Math, a conference meant to link the research, practice, and policy arms of early mathematics. We gathered a group of 80 people from across the nation, including experts in intervention and teaching, scholars in early mathematics, policymakers and government representatives, experts in dual language learning, adult educators and scholars in teacher preparation, and cognitive developmental scientists. This forum is meant to keep the conversation between these early math stakeholders going!
Please use this venue to communicate with others who have a vested interest in helping to shape early mathematics teaching and learning experiences. For example, you might:
- Inform forum members of an upcoming conference
- Ask whether anyone knows of a good preschool classroom observation tool for math
- Let forum members know that you are looking for a good math coach in your area
- Provide a link to an interesting early math-related article
- Make others aware that you have a new post-doctoral position in your lab
- Share a new math coaching model
Anyone can read the forum, but to post, you must “Join the collaborative” by providing your email and a little information about yourself, and indicate your preference to be part of the forum specifically. Collaborative staff members will manage the site, helping to provide connections as needed.
We hope you find this new resource useful as we all work together to transform the understanding, learning, and teaching of early mathematics from the ground up!